Grizzly broadheads are made of two layers of 1075 steel. They are spot welded and copper brazed, then heat-treated to 52 Rockwell for incredible strength and edge retention. After being hardened they are then precision ground with a single 25-degree bevel and available in both left and right bevels.
Grizzly broadheads are designed for deep penetration. The combination of the long, lean shape of the Grizzly, and the 25-degree single bevel, aids in busting heavy bone. This is accomplished through the twisting action the single bevel produces as it passes through tissue. This twisting action is also responsible for the S-shaped wound channel. This S-shaped cut instead of a single slit also allows for better blood trails.
Sold in packs of 3 and 6 where noted.
• Weight (125 grain), Color (Grey), dimensions (2-3/4" x 1-1/8"), blade thickness (0.04)
• Weight (155 grain), Color (Black), dimensions (2-3/4" x 1-1/8"), blade thickness (0.05)
• Weight (185 grain), Color (Tan), dimensions (2-3/4" x 1-1/8"), blade thickness (0.055)
• Weight (200 grain), Color (Black), dimensions (3-1/8" x 1-3/16"), blade thickness (0.05) Sold in a 3 pack.
• Weight (235 grain), Color (Tan), dimensions (3-1/8" x 1-3/16"), blade thickness (0.06)
They seem to be pretty tough broadheads. Haven’t hunted with them yet. They do take a good amount of work to sharpen.
I haven’t had the chance to test them much, but I have sharpened them. They come with a nice burr, really only took knocking that burr off and honing to get them shaving sharp.
Very good service.
The three 185’s were within two grains of 185. Once I got the hang of the single bevel they sharpened fairly easily, and I was able to get them shaving sharp. My first time using them was with wood arrows and a self bow. I got a complete pass through on a large doe. The broadhead was undamaged. It is now sharpened back up and on a new wooden shaft ready for the next deer.
This was my third time buying these heads and I noticed immediately upon opening that there was a lot more attention put into the quality of the edge. The broadheads fly and penetrate well and have given me no reason to change. As always dealing with Andy and his wife is a positive experience so I come here first whenever I am in need of something.